Friday, September 26, 2014

*Ahem*



It has been brought to my attention that I haven’t blogged since my birthday, which was fourteen days ago now.

Entschuldigung. I beg your pardon. But I honestly haven’t had much to write home about. I’m pretty sure no one wants to read an ongoing catalog of “I got up, went to sprachschule, came home/went shopping/to the library, played with the kids, and went to bed.” Not that there aren’t interesting things happening too, of course, but mainly they’re little things that, when they happen, I think “Oh, I should put that on my blog…” and then promptly forget all about it. Things like the creepy guy who kept staring at me while I was waiting for my train on Sunday, or how we went to the Zoo on Saturday, or like the little bookstore I pass every day on my way home from school and finally stopped into, or the wild-berry tea I bought that tastes like old ladies. :)

There are some bigger things too that have happened in the last week or so, but I keep procrastinating this whole blogging thing. Zum beispiel:

I’ve gone to a new church the past two Sundays – the International Christian Fellowship in Oberusel (a suburb of Frankfurt.) It’s a bit further than Bethel, but I think it may be a better fit – it’s definitely more “American” in style, and a little bit bigger. They’re finishing up a sermon series going through the Sermon on the Mount, and the last two Sundays have been very instructive. There’s a small group that meets near my house on Friday nights (though the hosts are on vacation right now, so it doesn’t start back up for another two weeks) so we’ll see how that goes.

My other big news isn’t so much news as it is hopeful speculation and some tentative planning, but I may possibly, maybe, perhaps, conceivably be going to the San Diego Comic Con this next year.
(*screams wildly, runs around room, remembers she has a blog to write, sheepishly returns*)
Yeah, so… It’s not a 100% sure thing yet, and may still fall through. But a bunch of girls from college are seriously considering making the trip, and we’d split the costs of gas and lodging… We’d have to make it, like, a 27 hour trip straight after I got into the St. Louis airport when I fly back, because the Con starts the next day. But it would totally be worth it. :D We’ll see. I’m sure I’ll keep you updated.

That’s about all I have to write for now. I’m thinking this blog may shift to a more weekly posting schedule (which was my original intention, actually – I just got carried away the first few weeks. :D) and special posts when something interesting or important happens.

More later!
~Mags

PS: These are the Bobscats, the men's a capella group from College of the Ozarks. They are freaking awesome. Seriously. <3 WATCH THEM


1 comment:

  1. And how would you know what old ladies taste like I wonder? Also, in other news... San Con? Stop stealing my ideas :D

    ReplyDelete

Greetings from the Magpie! Feel free to leave a comment -- ask a question, leave a note -- but I reserve the right to delete untoward messages.